Friday, February 4, 2011

For Reese - sorry the pics are so small. I messed it up.

The lovely lady over here informed me I need to update my blog so she can creep on it. Okay, then here you go. P.S. Your blog totally reminds me of that Mitch Hedberg joke:
I get the Reese's candy bar, if you read that name Reese's that's an apostrophe s. Reese-apostrophe-s, on the end of that name. That means the candy bar is his, I didn't know that! Next time you're eating a Reese's candy bar and a guy name Reese comes by and says, "Let me have that," you'd better hand it over. "I'm sorry, Reese, I didn't think I'd ever run into you! You're a fuckin' bully, man! Let me at least have a piece!"

I asked Nate (who is camped on my couch drinking beer and playing xbox) what I should blog about. Here's what he gave me:

Running
Food
Beer
Zoe

I think I'll add a few things. And also, this is going to be photo heavy. I always enjoy creeping on the blogs with the most photos.

First off: Here's a picture of Nate and I. He is my beautiful sister's boy friend who drinks my beer and hogs the couch.


And here's my gorgeous sister Maren with Nate


Guess I could include a picture of my "little" brother John too. We call him Hoser. Lovingly.


He always makes that face. ALWAYS. He plays basketball for my (and Maren's and Nate's) alma mater, University of Nebraska Omaha.

Maren and I live together. This sign hangs in our kitchen, and it describes me perfectly (Maren's already a skinny bitch).


To hit one of Nate's topics, let's look at a couple photos of food.

My favorite snack before I decided I needed to lose some weight before my knees crumbled apart during my next marathon, is PB&J. This PB&J is pretty healthy, but I don't have it very often any more. :'(


Strawberry rhubarb preserves are the jelly of the gods. And any true Minnesotan will tell you that.

Every year, my friends from college get together and throw a huge thanksgiving dinner for all of our close friends. Every year, I make Better Than Sex Cake. I have been experimenting with it lately. Last year I made it as a layer cake with the rounds seen here. Year before I made cupcakes. I think the layer cake is the best; it gets eaten up better than the sheet version anyway.


It was SO F***ING GOOD.

Okay, a topic I would have picked, but Nate suggested it anyway. Running. I have been running since 7th grade, and long distance since 9th grade. I love running. When I graduated college, I was in the best shape of my life, gearing up for my first full marathon. Shortly after, I did something bad to my knee. With my infinite (ha!) knowledge that I have now, I'm pretty sure I tore a meniscus. Regardless, I was too chicken shit to go to an orthopod and have surgery. Besides, I was about to start PT school and that was going to be hard enough without a pair of crutches and a limp. Throughout PT school, I fell off the bandwagon of running, I relapsed into "fat" if you will, and I got just that. Fat. For me. I know that I am not obese, but I am heavy and especially for my body type, I am heavy. My clothes don't fit and I'm uncomfortable. I graduated in May and have been chipping away at my beer belly and the layer of flab, and it's making it's way slowly away. I know it will take a long time, and I'm okay with that. Took me 3 years to get to here, I know it will take hard work to get back to then. Anyway. I'm rambling (see title).

Here's me at my most recent race, a marathon I ran in 2009. Seattle Rock 'N' Roll. Ran it with my best friend from 1st grade. She trained in Boston, I trained in Omaha. We met in Seattle and had a blast. One of our friends we met through the twitter and blogger, Mike, hooked us up with his secret weapon - a Mars bar straight from England at mile 17.


Notice - heavy girl alert (I'm in green). Also, it wouldn't be a running blog without a great shot of these beauties:


Okay! Wow, this is getting long. Thanks for hanging with me if you are still there. I think I will blab about running more tomorrow, including the "team" I run for and Girls on the Run.

Hmm... on to Nate's suggestion, Zoe. Zoe is my roommate Olivia's cat and she's a real turd. I love her and she loves to snuggle with me, but she can be so naughty some times. Anyway, here she is.


If you go to my photo 365 blog you can see an adorable pic of her sticking her tongue out for Day 34. Maren and I also have 2 cats from before, so here's a couple pictures of my cat, Jack. They live with my parents now (long story). My dad probably won't let me have Jack back. He calls him Jackson Kitty. Jacky likes to hunt bugs in the grass during the summer time. And hang out on Mom's chairs.



Okay back to me time. This summer, I went out of the country for the first time to Mexico! It was for my bestie, Brown Bear aka Tina's wedding. I will only put 2 photos up from the trip.

The day we flew in, Jess, Andrea and I got in on time. Everyone else's flights were delayed. That was like 25 other people! The weather was PERFECT and we wandered the beach. I put my feet in the gulf for the second time (other was off the coast of Mississippi), first time in warm water.


I don't know if anyone remembers Hurricane Andrew of last summer? Yeah it was just Tropical Storm Andrew when we were in Mexico, but it rained EVERY DAY after that first perfect day. Including all day on Tina and Drew's wedding day :( That sucked. One day before the wedding, we decided to go ATVing in the jungle. It rained warm water and it was so fun. We also swam in cenotes and saw Mayan ruins. It was bad ass. I took this photo while Jess was driving.


The last thing Nate suggested I write about, which I totally agree with, is beer. I LOVE BEER. Give me a nice strong hoppy craft IPA (whoa lots of adjectives there) and I'm in heaven. This beer is brewed in my hometown of Brooklyn Center, MN and is my favorite beer of all time. Maren and Nate went to Minnesota this week and didn't buy me any. I'm considering disowning them. Surly Beer is to Me as Candy is to Janae


That good enough for now!? I will try to be more consistent from now on but no promises. Also, no guarantee that all of them will be as photogenic as this one. ENJOY! and RUN HAPPY!! :D

No comments: