Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I found this site, Dear Old Love, through a friend on Twitter. It's amazing, description direct from the site:

About this

"Dear Old Love" is short notes to people we've loved (or at least liked). Requited or unrequited.

The ex-husband in Grace Paley's short story "Wants" says to his ex-wife, "I attribute the dissolution of our marriage to the fact that you never invited the Bertrams to dinner." If you're bitter, that's the way to express it here.

Please email pithy, specific "Dear Old Love" notes to dearoldlove(at)gmail.com. Posted submissions will be anonymous, and all submissions will be held in confidence. I would never sell or give away your email. (I wouldn't even know how.) If privacy is a concern, use an account with a pseudonym.

By emailing me, you're granting a permanent, royalty-free license to edit and use your "Dear Old Love" note in any way, but your note will remain anonymous. I'll admit: it has long been a dream of mine to do a Point of Purchase novelty book. My name is Andy Selsberg. Thanks. Enjoy.


My submission rings true to me, to how I feel about him (my first true love) and to who we are. Can you guess which one it was? (a clue: it was posted within the past week)

:)

No comments: