Wednesday, June 13, 2007

the roof was nearly on fire.

Our house caught fire today. Not our side of the duplex, but all the same, it is one house. Apparently, a cigarette was put out on a stump generally used as a stand, where it smoldered for an hour or so and finally got hot enough to catch the couch next to it on fire. This fire burned for awhile, melting the siding of the house. Luckily for me, two guys from up Webster about 4 houses saw the fire, and ran over to put it out. They grabbed the garden hose and started dousing everything. Got the couch and the log off the porch and sprayed water on everything for about half an hour. I was in the living room the whole time, completely oblivious to what was happening on my front porch. The fire department came and checked everything out, and the guys did the right thing. They were quick to respond and I owe them my life. TJ and Justin - you guys are amazing. Thank you so much for saving my life and our house.

Other than the few bad things that have plagued us, the house is amazing. I will photograph it once things are put away. It has high ceilings, tons of wood molding, wood floors...I love it. I got my room put together, for the most part, and things are slowly moving toward normalcy.

New Orleans in 2 days. I cannot wait to return to the city I love. I have missed her so. Have some photography plans for while I'm there, and looking forward to exploring possibilities with my new camera. Going to have to read the owner's manual on the way down I'm afraid.
But that's okay. Hopefully it will result in some amazing views of the French Quarter, Ninth Ward, Slidell, etc. Yeah buddy.

That is all for now I suppose. It is late and I've been up since 7. Good night.

No comments: