Wednesday, June 6, 2007

absence

I thought I was going to start this blog. I got busier than I could have ever imagined over the last semester of college. Things have changed. I've learned a lot. And yet, here I am. This post will be short.

I am addicted to New Orleans.

Currently, I am reading "The Great Deluge: Hurricane Katrina, New Orleans and the Mississippi Gulf Coast" by Douglas Brinkley. It is a history of the week following the Hurricane, and it has been a great read. I have learned a lot about the events leading up and following the hurricane in the city as well as all along the gulf coast.

I am done running for a while. I hurt my knee and have had to take time off. But this weekend I will be getting a bike and biking everywhere.

Saturday we move to Dundee. I'm very excited.

Thursday of next week, we head back to New Orleans. Caitlin has been lucky enough to receive the funding to stay down there for a month, volunteering with Operation Blessing. Without PT School, I'm pretty sure I'd be looking to do the same. Perhaps for longer. The first trip we took, I looked into doing AmeriCorps, but with school and the time frame I'm on, it wasn't possible. In any case, New Orleans is my second home and I will take care of it best I can. I am hoping to get a rotation down there, perhaps at LSU Med School or at a PT clinic in the city (if there are any). Very cool.

So for now, that is all. Pretty much everything I wrote in my last entry has changed. Alas, life goes on. Do what you want and love what you do.

No comments: